BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] calculating changes to filesystem over time

2015-02-11 12:18:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] calculating changes to filesystem over time
From: Rob Owens <rowens AT ptd DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:56:32 -0500 (EST)
I am trying to set up LVM snapshots and I need to figure out how large of a
space to allocate for the snapshot.  Is there a tool I can use to monitor the
changes to my filesystem over some period of time?  In other words, I want to
know how much changed data there is over a day, a week, etc.

This would be helpful not only for calculating LVM snapshot space, but also
storage pool space.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

-Rob