BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude directory having no effect

2015-01-28 20:51:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude directory having no effect
From: Hugh Tower-Pierce <h AT hpjt DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 20:49:49 -0500
Thanks Les.
I've entered the share name as the "key" for the BackupFilesExclude option in the web interface, and then the following in the input box that appears to the right of the share name: "\@Recycle\*".  It still seems to be attempting the directory, since I receive an error message of: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \@Recycle\*

I have nothing specified for the BackupFilesOnly option.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Hugh Tower-Pierce <h AT hpjt DOT net> wrote:
> I'm backing up a host samba, which has a directory I want to exclude named
> "@Recycle".  Adding a global or host exclusion doesn't seem to cause
> BackupPC to skip the directory.  I've tried substituting a wildcard for the
> @ symbol, and reversing forward vs. backslashes, to no avail.  I'd
> appreciate any suggestions.

Most exclusion problems have to do with getting the syntax right.  Are
you doing this in the web interface with the 'key' as the sharename or
'*' and the value the thing to exclude?

The other possible problem with samba xfers is that you can't set both
explicit includes and excludes.