BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Why "Child is aborting"?

2014-11-30 11:04:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Why "Child is aborting"?
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 10:32:58 -0500
I believe that there is a time out in the rsync protocol. If it doesn't complete checksumming the file within a certain period of time it will stop.

I've never tried running are sent directly on the ESXi host: that's something I'll actually have to play with. However, I have seen this on servers with a very large image files, usually of things like Very large ISO's.

Timothy J. Massey

Sent from my iPad