BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Turning an incremental backup into a full backup

2014-11-27 21:25:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Turning an incremental backup into a full backup
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:24:41 +1100
On 28/11/14 13:11, Bodo Eggert wrote:
> Is there a way to create a full backup by joining an incremental backuop
> and it's full backup?
>
> I need to backup a remote system, and while differential backups are
> possible (with increasing difficulty), a full backup would require moving
> the backup system to the remote site.
>
> For now, I'm increasing the IncrLevels settings, but this does not seem to
> be a good way, it's just the least bad way I can see.

What backup method are you using? If you use rsync or rsyncd then there
is almost no difference (in the data transferred) between a full backup
and a incremental backup. Given that is the whole point of rsync (reduce
data transferred between the source and destination at the cost of
RAM/CPU/time).

Can you provide some more detail on your requirements, or the problem,
and current configuration?

Regards,
Adam

--