BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Issue with specific share on Linux host

2014-11-03 06:09:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Issue with specific share on Linux host
From: "absolutely_free AT libero DOT it" <absolutely_free AT libero DOT it>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 12:07:53 +0100 (CET)
Hi,
I have an host with several share.
I have troubles in completing backup for a specifc share.
I configured one share for each /home  partition (/home, /home2, /home3 and so on)

/home is around 60 GB, while /home3 and /home4 (for example) are bigger, 130 GB.

I tried with manual cli backup, and I got this error:

..
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)
cmdSystemOrEval: about to system /bin/true
cmdSystemOrEval: finished: got output
cmdSystemOrEval: about to system /bin/true
cmdSystemOrEval: finished: got output
CheckHostAlive: can't extract round-trip time (not fatal)
CheckHostAlive: returning 0
Backup aborted (Child exited prematurely)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 6 and 0 files versus 11)
dump failed: Child exited prematurely
Alarm clock

Other share (on same Linux machine) are running fine.
How can I further investigate this strange problem?

I'm using backuppc 3.2.1-4 on Debian.
Thank you