BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Resuming full backup after disconnect

2014-10-29 11:01:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Resuming full backup after disconnect
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:59:38 -0500
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:21 AM, camexin
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing BackupPC.
> The product is installed on an Ubuntu server 14.04.
> The client is under Windows 7 Ultimate.
> Backups use WAN through VPN OpenVPN.
>
> When the WAN is disconnected, backups are stopped and Backuppc display the
> status : backup in progress.
> To resume the operation, I must cancel the backup and restart a full backup.
> In this case, the last backup is deleted.
>
> Have you eperienced this problem ?

It is normal to wait for $Conf{ClientTimeout} seconds before the
backup is automatically cancelled.   If you are using the rsync or
rsyncd xfer methods (which you probably should over a WAN),
interrupted full backups should be saved as a 'partial' backup and
re-used for the comparisions in the next attempt.