BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup over slow link: endless loop or just missing patience?

2014-10-01 16:02:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup over slow link: endless loop or just missing patience?
From: "Dr. Boris Neubert" <omega AT online DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 21:46:47 +0200
Am 29.09.2014 um 20:16 schrieb Dr. Boris Neubert:

2014-09-23 18:43:46 Aborting backup up after signal ALRM
2014-09-23 18:43:47 Got fatal error during xfer (aborted by signal=ALRM)
2014-09-23 18:43:47 full backup started for directory users-neubert
just a big thank you to all of you who answered. These are a lot of valuable recommendations, including some that made me feel shame about my own stupidity.

As a quick fix, I moved two 800 MB ISO images out of the way which I temporarily stored in my Desktop folder, and increased the timeout to 259.200 seconds (3 days). Backup has now been peacefully running for more that 25 hours.

Over weekend I will systematically work through all the recommendations (including the message from 2007 Alexander hinted at) and see how to make the most out of them.

Is there a place dedicated to BackupPC where I can donate a summary of the findings as a help/howto for those with a similar setup that come after me?

Cheers,
Boris