BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Restore with command line

2014-08-29 11:02:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fwd: Restore with command line
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:00:52 -0400
On 08/29 10:45 , Fanny Alexandra Oyarzún Bórquez wrote:
> Do you start direct restore to the remote server, but with command
> line? and how
> can it be done?

I don't know how to do the exact sort of restore that is done through the
web interface, I never allow my backup server root-level write privileges on
the host being backed up.

What I do when I want to restore is use BackupPC_tarCreate to generate a tar
stream, then pipe that through netcat. On the machine being restored to, run
netcat to listen for the tar stream, then pipe the output to tar to unpack
the stream.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator