BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4.0alpha3

2014-08-19 19:15:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4.0alpha3
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:14:31 +1000
Hi All,

I've been keeping an eye on the new backuppc v4, and from what I've read
it would alleviate a lot of issues with the current backuppc v3 that I'm
having (namely, renamed files, or duplicate copies of existing files do
not need to be re-downloaded, as well as using native rsync which means
lower memory usage during the transfer).

It's now been over 9 months since alpha3 was released, and I see a
significant number of downloads from sourceforge over that time (over
8000). I'm curious if anybody is using this in production, or has had
much experience with it? or can make any sort of comment in relation to
reliability/stability, especially in relation to rsync transfer method.

PS,
alpha 0 released 2013-06-24
alpha 1 + 1year
alpha 2 + 2months
alpha 3 + 3months

Does the short release times, and now long release time since alpha3
indicate that no more bugs have been found?

Regards,
Adam
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au