BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude not working

2014-08-19 12:40:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude not working
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:39:24 -0500

>      '/sys',
>      '/dev',
>      '/run',
>      '/*/data/WBM_spool',
>      '/*/data/EPSCoR/WBM/WBM_spool',
>      '/*/data/WBM/WBM_Spool'
>    ]
> };
>

> It still backups WBM_Spool, I have also tried this in the exclude list:
>
> '/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool'
>
> Is the backup of /data overriding the exclude?
>
> Mark
>
> --

I'm not sure what you mean by overriding the exclude (do you have includes
you're not listing?) but this exclusion should be working for:

/data/*/data/WBM/WBM_Spool
/raid/*/data/WBM/WBM_Spool

Note that this wouldn't include

/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool

Nor would '/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool', which would exclude

/data/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool
/raid/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool

Note that I'm assuming that your rsync modules point to their root-based
equivalents in the filesystem.  You can, of course, point them anywhere.

At any rate, if your goal is to exclude '/raid/data/WBM/WBM_Spool' then
the correct exclude to use is:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
    '/raid' => [
      '/data/WBM_Spool',
    ]
};

You can replace '/raid' with a wildcard, or any part of '/data/WBM_Spool',
but note that if you add extra wildcards and slashes, it probably won't
match the directory you wish to exclude.