BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 on CentOS 6.5 with Plesk-generated VirtualHosts

2014-07-31 06:55:56
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.3.0 on CentOS 6.5 with Plesk-generated VirtualHosts
From: "Dr. Boris Neubert" <omega AT online DOT de>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:54:37 +0200
Hi,

I installed BackupPC 3.3.0 via yum on CentOS 6.5 on a VPS in the
standard setup (CGI with setuid BackuPC_admin). The
BackupPC-3.3.0-2.el6.x86_64 package drops the BackupPC.conf Apache
configuration file (below) in Apache's default server configuration
directory. Added the perl-suidperl-5.10.1-136.el6.x86_64 and BackupPC
worked right out of the box. Great.

What caused me several hours of fruitless messing around with Apache's
config files was the following (IP addresses and host names for
illustrative purposes only):

The web interface can be accessed via the VPS's IP address:
http://192.0.2.1/backuppc

But I get the "Premature end of script headers" issue if I use the host
name instead of the IP address:  http://backuppc.example.com/backuppc

This is probably related to the way the BackupPC_Admin program proceeds
in terms of perl script calls and hostnames.

example.com and backuppc.example.com are configured via VirtualHost
directives automatically by the Paralles Plesk Power Panel.

This is not strictly a BackupPC question. But maybe someone has a hint
for me anyway. In particular to what the BackupPC_Admin binary actually
does.

Kind regards,
Boris

/etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf: