BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error in backuppc log file: unix bind() failed: No such file or directory

2014-07-26 20:46:38
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error in backuppc log file: unix bind() failed: No such file or directory
From: "Vaughan Roberts" <Vaughan AT Roberts DOT name>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:14:27 +1000

Hi,

I have been using backuppc on centos for over eight years, but now I am trying to upgrade my server to Centos 7 and unfortunately there does not seem to be a backuppc package for centos 7 as yet, so I tried using BackupPC-3.3.0-2.el6.x86_64.rpm.

Centos 7 uses apache 2.4 which required me to mess around with BackupPC.conf file, but I think that is now OK as I can access backuppc from a browser.

However, it looks like I have a permissions problem somewhere and I am not sure exactly what the cause is.  The extract from the BackupPC log file is:

Reading hosts file

Adding host …

Adding host …

Unix bind(): failed: No such file or directory

When I connect a browser to localhost/backuppc, I get the expected screen and I can browse the backups, but this screen also gives me this error:

Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server
This CGI script (/sbin/BackupPC_Admin) is unable to connect to the BackupPC server on localhost port -1.
The error was: unix connect: No such file or directory.
Perhaps the BackupPC server is not running or there is a configuration error. Please report this to your Sys Admin.

Naturally the service is running and I have selinux in permissive mode.  This error occurs both on localhost and from a computer on my LAN, so it should not be a firewall issue.  I have checked permissions in /var/lib/BackupPC/* and they are all owned by backuppc: this directory is a mounted logical volume.  I use rsync on the pcs for backup purposes and at the moment no backups are occurring.

Can anyone point me to where this error is likely to be coming from?

Best regards,
Vaughan