BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore not working

2014-07-06 19:25:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore not working
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:24:00 +1000
On 07/07/14 02:01, raceface wrote:

Hi all,

I denied root to login via ssh on my server running backuppc, so I changed the TarClientRestorCmd to

/usr/bin/sudo /tar/tarRestore -x -p --numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C $shareName

my tarRestore is

#!/bin/sh

exec /bin/tar -M -x -f - "$@"

I get the following error

Running: /usr/bin/sudo /tar/tarRestore -x -p --numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C /

Running: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h localhost -n 0 -s / -t -r /var/www -p /var/www/ /var/www/index.html

Xfer PIDs are now 27885,27886

/bin/tar: Options `--f' and `--f' both want standard input

Try `/bin/tar --help' or `/bin/tar --usage' for more information.

Tar exited with error 512 () status

restore failed: BackupPC_tarCreate failed

exec /bin/tar -M -x -f - -x -p --numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C /

Now do you see the problem?

You have two choices, remove the "-f -" from the $@ or else remove the "-f -" from your script.

In fact, you should probably check each parameter in $@ and either omit it (ie "-f -"), deny it (eg, -f /etc/passwd) or else permit it (eg -p)
You are trying to make the sudo safer, but you haven't done all the work required to really make that happen.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au