BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync file is vanishing

2014-06-14 11:56:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync file is vanishing
From: Gerald Brandt <gbr AT majentis DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 10:55:09 -0500
On 2014-06-12, 3:53 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Gerald Brandt <gbr AT majentis DOT com>
> wrote:
>> On 2014-06-12, 3:28 PM, backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org wrote:
>> The files are still there, but I checked the original filesystem, not
>> the shadow copy.  The shadow has already been deleted.
>>
> You could try removing the script that deletes the shadow copy after
> the backup completes and check later to see if it is still there with
> files the backup says went missing.

An incremental ran with no errors.  It took 35 hours for 650 GB, while
the last incremental took 11.5 hours.  No missing files.

I'd created a user for backups, and it had permission problems. Switched
to Administrator, and it looks like it's okay.  I'm running a full now,
so we'll see how it goes, and how long it takes.

Gerald

--
Gerald Brandt
Majentis Technologies