BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Troubles with different encodings of filenames

2014-06-13 02:24:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Troubles with different encodings of filenames
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:23:10 +0400
13.06.2014 1:18, Jürgen Depicker пишет:
> I'm struggling backing up some windows fileservers.  I'm using DeltaCopy
> Server v1.3 on Windows Server 2008R2 to share some rsyncd modules which I'm
> pulling in using BackupPC version 3.2.1 running on Ubuntu 12.04.4LTS.
>
> The web interface transfer errors log shows the filenames in different
> encoding.

Question:       Are there any limitations in DeltaCopy?

Answer:         DeltaCopy uses rsync and cygwin in the background. Therefore,
any limitation that is present in either binaries will be there in DeltaCopy.
For example, the default version of cygwin is not UNICODE compliant. Therefore,
you cannot copy files with DeltaCopy containing UNICODE characters in the file
name. Besides, file paths greater than 255 characters are also not recognized.

If you prefer, download a UNICODE enabled cygwin DLL from
http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin/ and see if it works for you

http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DisplayFAQ.do?fid=13

--
Alexander