BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Troubleshooting BackupPC Setup

2014-04-20 16:43:58
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Troubleshooting BackupPC Setup
From: Tim Evans <tkevans AT tkevans DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:15:34 -0400
Hi, my first post to this list...

I have a newly set up Windows 7 PC I'm trying to back up, via Samba,
from a CENTOS 6.5 server.

All low-level connectivity testing I do shows the server can connect to
the PC.  Pings work. smbclient, smbmount, etc., successfully connect to
the PC and I can see all the files on the PC.  Still, BackupPC's log
shows a string of:

2014-04-20 16:00:04 no ping response

The Windows Firewall is turned off.

FWIW, this PC was recently upgraded from XP, and was previously working
fine with BackupPC.  I upgraded "in place," using a custom Win7 install,
then LapLink's PCMover product to restore apps, user accounts and data.

What further troubleshooting can I do?  Thanks.
--
Tim Evans                       |   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting    |   Owings Mills, MD 21117