BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_fixLinks.pl - Missing jLib.pm. Where to download?

2014-04-16 08:57:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_fixLinks.pl - Missing jLib.pm. Where to download?
From: mxc <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:37:04 -0700
Hi all,

We are attempting to fix some corruption on our pool. We have found
the script BackupPC_fixLinks.pl
(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=BackupPC_FixLinks)
. We are going to try the script even though it seems not to be have
been updated for a while. The wiki page says to install jLbi.pm but we
cannot find this perl module anywhere. Does someone have a link? It
doesn't seem to exist in cpan. (My perl knowledge is limited.)

The back story. Please note this is our current conceptual model of
what is wrong. If it sounds wrong please let us know.

We added a host, backed it up then decided the backup config needed to
be changed toprevent service downtime. So we deleted the host from the
host config and re-added it later with a different backup strategy. ie
using LVM.

We did not remove the files from the original backup. Somewhere along
the line backuppc got its index out-of-sync with the actual physical
files in the pool. I can't remember the exact steps that caused this
but we started getting

""The directory /backups/content/2010/3/17/8/40 is empty""

when browsing a folder on the web front-end even though we know there
is content in the folder. At some point we deleted the files listed
for the host under the pool as per instructions on removing a host and
re-added the host. But we still get "directory is empty" messages.
What is odd is that some of the backups do includes the files in the
directory. So one incremental backup will include them and the next
won't. It looks like the folder are empty in all full backups.

Any pointers appreciated.