BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC Server Backs Itself Up Instead Of The Client

2014-04-10 20:03:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Server Backs Itself Up Instead Of The Client
From: inodeman <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:22:16 -0700
This question was asked on this forum in 2012. The answer was to switch from
sudo to ssh. I have already tried that. No help. This problem only appears when
using rsync. Windows machines over samba do get backed up.  This is a new
Debian Testing PC running AMD64. The client pc can be turned off, but the
server ignores that fact, and begins reading the client config file for
directories to back up. As long as there is a match with a server directory,
the server backs itself up into the client's repository. The back up aborts
when there is a client directory that doesn't exist on the server. I call this
Cowbird behavior. To save you a Google, a Cowbird is a bird that lays its eggs
in somebody else's nest. Have already posted to Debian forum with no success.