BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC schedule to skip Sat & Sunday from running any backups

2013-11-20 13:51:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC schedule to skip Sat & Sunday from running any backups
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Prem <squirrelj AT yahoo DOT com>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:46:40 +0100
Hi,

Prem wrote on 2013-11-19 20:49:40 -0800 [Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC schedule
to skip Sat & Sunday from running any backups]:
> Actually I tried various options but it somehow runs :(

$Conf {BlackoutGoodCnt} ? You have, of course, read the comments in config.pl
about how BlackoutGoodCnt, BlackoutBadPingLimit and BlackoutPeriods work
together ...

> Tried 0, 24;  24, 24;  23:59, 0; etc
>
> The default as per your suggestion would be 0, 0, [...]

That doesn't make much sense. The code checking the blackouts is bound to be
implemented in terms of ">=" and "<=" (possibly without the "="). Explicitly
*not* looking at the code, I would expect any of the following to work

        0, 24
        -1, 25
        -1000, 1000

(of which only the first makes any sense). A range with start == end would in
any case be ambiguous. Do you mean 0 minutes or 24 hours?

Regards,
Holger