BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT

2013-11-15 10:45:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT
From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:42:48 +0800
How about unlocking the user in domain, and set its password to never expire?

That's how I configure in my customer's environment

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Joerg Hollandmoritz <jholl AT bgc-jena.mpg DOT de> wrote:
Hi,

A problem with one of the latest samba packages:
The permanent error occurs
“samba authentication FAILED with error NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT”,
 if two conditions are present:
1) a local Windows7-account has the same name like a domain account,
    but different passwords
2) the Windows 7 computer came up with a fresh boot.

 The Reason maybe: An Update of the samba- package:
 “It appears there is something wrong with the latest samba package….
the account I was using for this windows backup client was local and the
   one on the domain with the same name really had expired. “

Does anybody know a solution or a fix for this bug ?

Best,

Joerg Hollandmoritz

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan