BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc 3.3.0 - Full backups not backing up everything

2013-10-24 13:07:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc 3.3.0 - Full backups not backing up everything
From: Dean Lambourn <deanl AT pcf DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:48:11 -0700
Recently installed backuppc 3.3.0 on a new server running Debian Jessie. Full backups are not backing up all the directories. Initially server was configured with the BackupFilesOnly variable set to \users and a couple of other directories. When that failed, I deleted the variable and attempted to back up everything which was also unsuccessful.

Incremental backups seem to at least get the entire directory tree but can't tell if it is backing up all the files probably because I ran the incremental right after checking the full backup and nothing changed in the directories I checked.

The backup is using smb and I've attached the config.pl for the server in question as well as the Xferlog and backupInfo from the full backup. I have also included a PDF with screen shots of the directory tree for the test client, the web page listing of the full backup and the web page listing of the incremental.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Dean Lambourn