BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] scheduler ignores BackupPC_dump

2013-10-13 00:21:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] scheduler ignores BackupPC_dump
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 23:20:00 -0500
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM, gregrwm <backuppc-users AT whitleymott DOT
net> wrote:
> i want a backup of my server as of now, so i start one with BackupPC_dump.
> before it finishes, the scheduler starts another one, which executes
> simultaneously.  seems like trouble.

The server/scheduler doesn't know about programs you start from the
command line.  If you are doing a one-off manually, why not just use
the web interface to start a backup?   If you need to do it from cron
or some other program you can use BackupPC_serverMesg to tell the
server what you want it to do:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=ServerMesg_commands