BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_attribPrint bug

2013-10-08 22:35:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_attribPrint bug
From: Chris Adamson <chris.adamson AT mcri.edu DOT au>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 02:33:18 +0000

I’m assuming that if compression is used then the program does not need to know the exact level. So why don’t you just try to read it as a compressed file, if that fails try to read it as an uncompressed file, if this fails then you can throw an error. That way you don’t need to read any configuration file as the compression format will be “auto-detected”.

Chris.