BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] perl error after upgrade to Ubuntu package of 3.2.1

2013-08-21 13:04:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] perl error after upgrade to Ubuntu package of 3.2.1
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:02:03 -0400
I've seen it. I believe the error message is exactly what it
says. Certain now deprecated features are in use in BackupPC
3.1.0. The use of these still valid but deprecated features is warned
since some of the BackupPC perl files invoke 'strict'. Unfortunately,
there seems to be no good way to just shut off this error without
shutting off lots of other 'strict' error messaging (or at least
that's what I found in my searches).

The solution would be to rewrite the tagged lines (and several similar
other ones in other BackupPC source files) to avoid the deprecated
parentheses usage. It should be rather trivial, but it would be nice
to have it done as part of an "official" bug fix release.

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote at about 12:10:14 -0400 on Wednesday, August 21,
2013: