BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Pool size discrepancy?

2013-08-16 20:30:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Pool size discrepancy?
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:28:58 -0700
I recently started paying attention to the size of my pool - and I'm wondering about a few discrepancies:

From the "Host Summary" page -
  • 38 full backups of total size 1044.30GB (prior to pooling and compression),
  • 70 incr backups of total size 379.71GB (prior to pooling and compression).
From the main "Status" page -
  • Pool is 636.95GB comprising 991000 files and 4369 directories (as of 8/16 01:06),
And the ugly part is that I have my TopDir mounted via NFS.  But when I look at the size of the NFS share directly on my NAS, it reads as 1.5+TB!!

I have Compression enabled (3), and ran BackupPC_Nightly recently (after cleaning out some old hosts this week).

Can somebody help me understand this?

Thanks,