BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cron using client alias name

2013-08-14 11:01:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cron using client alias name
From: Job Cespedes <jobcespedes AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:59:25 -0600
Yes, it does. I have three hosts (the 3 are the same real host) using alias client name. I did this because I thought it was the best way to control each backup process running in the host. They were configure three weeks ago. The full and incremental backups are working according to the schedule. Manual backups through web interface also work.

Now I want to force one of them to run full backups on weekends using  a cron job. There is where I'm having troubles.

2013/8/14 Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM, mucr <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I tried using the name configure in hosts but had the same result: the same entrey in the log but no backup.
> 15 10 * * * backuppc /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup Real_IPHost Host backuppc 1

Does this host succeed when the backup is started from the web
interface or the normal backuppc scheduling?

Job Cespedes