BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync on Windows 8?

2013-08-01 15:13:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync on Windows 8?
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:11:58 -0400
Mark Campbell wrote at about 11:54:39 -0700 on Thursday, August 1, 2013:
 > So I figured out the problem!  Apparently, by adding in the new
 > version/additional .dlls, "C:/<path>" is no longer recognized in
 > rsyncd.conf.  It needs to be /cygwin/c/<path>.  So, bearing that in mind,
 > the list of files below, which were pulled from cygwin as of yesterday, are
 > confirmed to work on Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP (I would assume
 > that the server variants would work as well too):

It may not be a change in the dll's... perhaps you didn't mount the
'C' drive...

In any case, i find the pure *nix style path specification to be more
reliable than relying on cygwin to do the conversions, especially when
you are using some type of Windows (C: drive) and *nix (/ forward slash)
hybrid which is incorrect on either platform alone except perhaps in
the weird graciously accommodating world of cygwin.