BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed, can't get a fully backup

2013-05-31 08:19:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed, can't get a fully backup
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 07:18:07 -0500
> Hi,
>
> I have errors with 1 host that I don't understand.
> There was one successful full backup, 1 incremental and since, only
> partial as it say
> "Got fatal error during xfer (Total bytes written: 70796951040)
> Backup aborted (Total bytes written: 70796951040)
> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
> prior one (got 178665 and 178665 files versus 178665)"
>
> I try to exclude some file from backup but it still try to copy them.
> Example with 'UsrClass.dat':
> NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file \Julien
> Noé\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat (\Julien
> Noé\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\)
>
> but i have defined an exclusion in the config.pl

You haven't defined the exclusion properly, or it would work.  However, I
can only speculate as to how you defined it, since you don't say.  From
the error, I can guess you're using samba.

> Could you give me some hint to bypass these problems ? Thanks.
>
> The backuppc server is a debian 7.0, backuppc 3.2.1-4.
> The host to save is a Windows 7 professionel SP1
>
> --
> Christophe Moille

Sure, you can:
1) Define the exclusion properly
2) Switch to rsync/vshadow, which could actually back up this file