BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?

2013-03-13 16:21:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?
From: Brad Alexander <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:20:08 -0400
Hey,
 I've been playing with this gant.pl script from the other thread, which showed visual evidence of something I already knew. Most of my backups fire within about a 30 minute period. I already knew this, as I've also seen load average complaints out of nagios because of all of the backups running at once. I had it this way once, where I started backups by hand every 30 minutes or so...But then after a power failure, they all started at once.

So I'm wondering, is there a way to better force a better distribution of backup jobs during the day?

Thanks,
--b