BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Log files

2013-03-12 07:17:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Log files
From: Tobias Oed <Tobias.Oed AT alma DOT fr>
To: "cvoelker AT knebb DOT de" <cvoelker AT knebb DOT de>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:15:29 +0000
This is an example with a duration of 3h. Not all hosts are completed in this
timeframe. The number of > at the
end indicates how many more jobs are in the log for the host:

              2013-03-11 18:00:02 -> 2013-03-11 20:00:02 (2013-03-11 21:24:16)
crashrsync 3: |IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

       sid 2: | IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

     curry 3: |
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF>>
      gmao 3: |  IIIIIIl

     peche 2: |        IIIIIIL

    raksha 2: |              IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIl

     shira 4: |
IIIIIIIIIIIII>>>
  colombia 2: |
FFFFFFFFFFFFF>>
   colombo 2: |
IIl     |

Same log file with duration 6h: all jobs fit
[root@baloo scripts]# /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_zcat
/var/log/BackupPC/LOG.0.z | perl /root/scripts/gant.pl -c 70 -d 6
              2013-03-11 18:00:02 -> 2013-03-12 00:00:02 (2013-03-11 21:24:16)
crashrsync 3: |IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIl

       sid 2: | IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

     curry 3: | FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFl

      gmao 3: | IIl

     peche 2: |   IIl

    raksha 2: |     IIIIIIIIIIIIIIl

     shira 4: |                   IIIIIIIIIIIl

  colombia 2: |                   FFFFFFFFFFFl

   colombo 2: |                     Il

Previous log with again a duration of 6h. The full backup of sid takes a
loooooong time

[root@baloo scripts]# /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_zcat
/var/log/BackupPC/LOG.1.z | perl /root/scripts/gant.pl -c 70 -d 6
              2013-03-10 18:00:04 -> 2013-03-11 00:00:04 (2013-03-11 01:53:22)
crashrsync 3: |IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

       sid 2: |
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF>>
     curry 3: | IIl

      gmao 3: | IIl

     peche 2: |   IIIIL

    raksha 2: |   IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

     shira 4: |       IIIIIIIIIIIIIl

  colombia 2: |                    IIl

   colombo 2: |                      Il

Both logs note the order of the logs: older logs first as the lines need to be
ordered in time:

[root@baloo scripts]# /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_zcat
/var/log/BackupPC/LOG.1.z /var/log/BackupPC/LOG.0.z | perl
/root/scripts/gant.pl -c 70 -d 48
              2013-03-10 18:00:04 -> 2013-03-12 18:00:04 (2013-03-11 21:24:16)
crashrsync 6: |IIIIIl                             IIIl

       sid 4: | FFFFFFFFFFFl                       IIl

     curry 6: | iil                                FFFFl

      gmao 6: | iil                                iil

     peche 4: | il                                 il

    raksha 4: | IIl                                IIl

     shira 8: | IIil                                 iiil

  colombia 4: |   il                                 Fl

   colombo 4: |   il                                 il

     eddie 6: |   iil                                iil

    genedi 6: |   iil                                iil

       tom 4: |   il                                 il

       tse 4: |   IIl                                Il

   baguera 4: |    il                                 Fl

     baloo 4: |    Il                                 Il

     ellie 4: |     il                                Il

       kaa 4: |     IL                                 il

     manny 4: |     Il                                 il

    poivre 4: |     Il                                 il

     scrat 4: |      fl                                il

Todays logs: not compressed, so just cat instead of BackupPC_zcat. They have no
'job', just the nightly backuppc_link
 [root@baloo scripts]# cat /var/log/BackupPC/LOG | perl /root/scripts/gant.pl
-c 70 -d 3
Use of uninitialized value in localtime at /root/scripts/gant.pl line 152,
<STDIN> line 15.
              1970-01-01 01:00:00 -> 1970-01-01 04:00:00 (1970-01-01 01:00:00)

Nojobs => Bug !

Tobias
Ps: Notice that I start all my jobs through cron, that's why they are always in
the same order. I have at most 4 jobs running
at the same time