BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rsyncd cygwin Problem..

2013-01-30 20:49:28
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rsyncd cygwin Problem..
From: "Travis.Schwenke" <travis.schwenke AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:47:50 -0500

So, my goal was going to be rsync on all machines, I seem to have that working fine now on my windows machines, but my work laptop is part of a domain so I figured I would try rsyncd and learn how it worked in the process.  It is trying to backup, but it is not following my rules correctly.  It is only grabbing one of my directories and I am not sure why!  It is only getting the /eng_apps area and not the other two, this was working fine with smb.

Start of the LOG file

full backup started for directory root (baseline backup #12)

Connected to machine:873, remote version 30

Negotiated protocol version 28

Connected to module root

Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . .

Sent include: /users

Sent include: /users/wzpcnt

Sent include: /data

Sent include: /eng_apps

Sent exclude: /*

Sent exclude: /users/*

Rsyncd.conf on machine in c:\cygwin\etc

gid = users

read _only_ = true

use chroot = false

transfer logging = false

log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log

log format = %h %o %f %l %b

hosts allow = x.x.x.x

hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

strict modes = false

[root]

path = /cygdrive/c/

auth users = backuppc

secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secret

machine.pl (I did everything via the CGI I see some smb settings are still in the file, I omitted them this paste, I hope they are not causing the issue)

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {

  '*' => [

    '/users/me',

    '/data',

    '/eng_apps'

  ]

};

$Conf{ClientCharset} = 'cp1252';

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [

  'root'

];

$Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'xxx';

$Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'backuppc';

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';

So why is it only getting ONE of the directories I specified?