BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC-Visualize - visual plot of host backup durations

2013-01-30 18:05:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC-Visualize - visual plot of host backup durations
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:45:34 -0500
On 01/28 11:46 , Carl Cravens wrote:
> I've written a little tool to help analyze BackupPC "scheduling" that I
> thought others might find useful.  It is meant to generate plots that can be
> viewed from the web, but it's just as easily used from the command line.
>
> https://github.com/ravenx99/backuppc-visualize/

Thanks. That's really cool. I could have used that a few years ago. :)

I did have to fix up line 16 in bpcviz.plot, and change
'./pc'
'/var/lib/backuppc/pc'

Also, it might be nice to collect up the raw data into a single file so it
can be moved to a different machine where Ploticus and ImageMagick are
stored.

This would be a really nice addition to the stock BackupPC distribution tho!

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator