BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] can run su backuppc user

2012-12-11 07:40:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] can run su backuppc user
From: draccusfly <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 04:38:19 -0800
I inherited an existing backuppc system which is working in the main but there
are a couple of issues that I am troubleshooting.  1 is email not going out, so
I logged on to the server and tried to run su backuppc so that I can manually
try and send an email.  But I get an authentication error when I run su
backuppc.  I know I have the correct password but still am unable to run.  If I
try the command BackupPC_sendEmail -u email address I get an unknown command
error.  I have checked the /etc/passwd file (after reading another post) and
found that the user backuppc has /bin/bash shell access.

Any other ideas?

Drac