BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Thank you BackupPC!!!

2012-12-11 06:09:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Thank you BackupPC!!!
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:08:17 +0000
On 2012-12-11 03:39, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Well after getting the system up I went in and logged in as the
> backuppc user, killed the IP from known_hosts (since it generated a
> new rsa key on install) and did a ssh-copy-id (much easier then doing
> the key exchange by hand) an voila!

Consider:

root@venkman:~# cat /var/lib/backuppc/.ssh/config
Protocol 2
HashKnownHosts no
StrictHostKeyChecking no

> Went into the cgi interface and started a restore and it worked the
> first time 100%. About 19GB worth of pictures (and short movie clips
> recorded by the digital camera).

Fantastic! BackupPC has saved my butt many, many times. Not only will it
safe you from disaster, it acts as a great poor man's version control.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"[...] we are not attacking the corporations, but endeavoring to do
away with any evil in them. We are not hostile to them; we are merely