BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No more bakup after last partial backup?

2012-12-04 18:39:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No more bakup after last partial backup?
From: John Habermann <jhabermann AT cook.qld.gov DOT au>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:37:06 +1000

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 04:27:14 -0800
arcticeye <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Before anything, thanks for allowing me to suscribe and access to
> this beautiful comunity. I have a Debian 6 server with Samba. There
> are all user files under 3 directories shared using SMB. I have 2
> bacuppc servers which every night make backups of these shared
> directories. Last week I had to reinstall the Linux server because of
> a fail in the hard disk. Once I did, backuppc tried to do backup of
> the files. The behavior of the 2 servers is estrange. The 2 of them
> did a last "partial" backup but took a lot of time and never reach to
> complete a full or incremental. Since then each time i try to maually
> do backup they can be like 24 hours and never end doing the backup.
> No error log... so that seems very strange but backups are not
> finally done. I could delete the host from backuppc and re create it
> and then reconfigure.. but last time i did it all older backups and
> its incrementals were also automatically deleted.
>
> Could you help me on this in some way? Do you need some extra
> information? Thank you very much for you time

I have had issues like this before and have resolved them by removing
the partial backup using the script from
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=How_to_delete_backups

Copy the script to your local bin directory and then run it like so:
/usr/local/bin/remove_old_backups.sh -c server_name -d 326 (or whatever
the number of your partial backup is)

Once the partial backup has been deleted try running a full backup
again and see if that completes successfully.

> Kind regards,
>
> Matias

> |This was sent by arcticeye AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

John Habermann
IT Officer
Cook Shire Council
10 Furneaux St