BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd doesn't seem to run

2012-12-04 12:45:47
Subject: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd doesn't seem to run
From: fgertz <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:43:58 -0800
When I ran the DumpPreUserCmd and DumpPostUserCmd commands from the shell as
the _backuppc user, it showed up in the shadow.log file on the client. When I
ran the job from the web interface, there was no indication in the shadow.log
that anything was run.

After time, and some reboots, this part of the puzzle seemed to fix itself. I
had tried turning the computer off and on before I posting about this, but
apparently not enough times. Checking the logs reveals that DumpPreUserCmd and
DumpPostUserCmd commands have been running as expected for weeks.  So, for
future folks who seem to be having this problem, try rebooting one more time or
check on it again in a day or so.  It just might fix itself. :D

Faust