BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_verifyPool mismatchs found - what to do?

2012-12-03 08:57:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_verifyPool mismatchs found - what to do?
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:55:39 -0500
Matthias Meyer wrote at about 08:41:34 +0100 on Monday, December 3, 2012:
 > Wow - thank you for details :)
 >
 > Most of the files found are realy top level attrib files.
 > But BackupPC_verifyPool.pl some files found like
 >  [1459587] fXLC_LOCALE                          (       979) !=
 > c5e2162bfb3286475d4b71503593ffcd
 >  [1459783] attrib                               (        73) !=
 > 42d8ce042b950daa935fe4e0440d2020
 > too.
 >
 > Anyone have an Idea whats happen here?
 > Should I simply rename those files as "suggested"?
As mentioned in Holger's and my replies, I would do the following:

1. Check to see you have the latest version of BackupPC and check the
   changelogs to verify that the error has been corrected.

2. Look up the thread I referenced so you can understand what is going
   on with the top level attribs.

3. Give some more information about the files that are not top-level
   attribs so that we can try to understand what is going on. What is
   the content? what are their real names? (search the pc-tree) What
   types of files? etc. etc. Look for patterns.

4. As Holger mentioned, there is no harm not renaming other than
   wasted pool space (which is typically quite small for attrib files)
   and the inelegance of having wrong md5sum file names. Otherwise,
   you can use my routine to fix them automatically or you can write
   your own or do it manually.