BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Reduce backup load on clients

2012-11-23 06:07:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Reduce backup load on clients
From: Stefan Peter <s_peter AT swissonline DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:48:15 +0100
On 22.11.2012 14:18, Jimmy Thrasibule wrote:
> Hello,

> Today I started to backup my users Windows computer via Rsyncd and
> complaints started to arrive.

> What are your solutions for backups to have less impact as possible on
> users?

I used the entries in rsyncd.conf for nice and ionice quite successfully
on two of my linux servers. It prolongs the backup time, though. And I
don't know if nice or ionice are implemented or even make a difference
under windows. If not, I'm sorry for the noise.

Regards

Stefan Peter

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is.