BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd doesn't seem to run

2012-11-09 13:15:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd doesn't seem to run
From: fgertz <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:56:32 -0800
This message deals with the second of two problems I am having while trying to
implement shadowmountrsync, DumpPreUserCmd and DumpPostUserCmd don't seem to
run.

When I run the DumpPreUserCmd and DumpPostUserCmd commands from the shell as
the _backuppc user, it shows up in the shadow.log file on the client. When I
run the job from the web interface, there is no indication in the shadow.log
that anything was run.

Here are the contents of
/Volumes/BackupPC/data/BackupPC/pc/vesterserv2/XferLOG.bad.z, modified
2012-11-09 08:59:19

Executing DumpPreUserCmd: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l Administrator vesterserv2
/usr/local/bin/shadowmountrsync -u 0
incr backup started back to 2012-11-02 17:44:04 (backup #0) for directory cDrive
Error connecting to rsync daemon at vesterserv2:873: inet connect: Connection
refused
Executing DumpPostUserCmd: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l Administrator vesterserv2
/usr/local/bin/shadowmountrsync -d
Got fatal error during xfer (inet connect: Connection refused)
Backup aborted (inet connect: Connection refused)

If I execute the DumpPreUserCmd from the shell as the _backuppc user and then
run the backup from the web interface, the backup works and evidence of the
DumpPreUserCmd I ran from the shell shows up in shadow.log, but there is no
evidence of the DumpPreUserCmd and DumpPostUserCmd that BackupPC should have
run.

Here is my client set-up

Windows Server 2003 R2
Cygwin DLL is 1.7.17-1
rsync version 3.0.9 protocol version 30
OpenSSH_6.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012
SubInAcl version 5.2.3790.1180
VShadow 2.2
etc....

My server is BackupPC version 3.2.1 running on OS X 10.6.8

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Faust