BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] archive slow

2012-10-01 14:18:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] archive slow
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:16:56 -0400
I'm running an archive job of 4 hosts which is around 180GB.  The
archive takes about 150 minutes and that works out to around 20MB/sec.
I'm running to /tmp on the same drive hosting the pool.  The machine
is dedicated to backuppc and no other backup jobs are running during
the archive.  I can move the archives over the network faster than
they move to disk.  Is this normal?

backuppc 3.2.1
ubuntu server 12.04
8 core AMD Opteron 6128