BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC failing to back up a host with big files

2012-08-28 01:04:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC failing to back up a host with big files
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:02:22 +0200
also sprach backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
[2012.08.28.0208 +0200]:
> Given that the fate and timing of a new 4.x version of BackupPC is
> uncertain at best and that this is a relatively common problem, maybe
> we should think about how to *patch* BackupPC 3.x so that partially
> backup files are stored and can be resumed from.
[…]
> Anybody interested in pursuing this?

I could make a case to fund such a pursuit, even if only partially.

minchinhampton (n.): the expression on a man's face when he has just
zipped up his trousers without due care and attention.
                               -- douglas adams, the meaning of liff

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net