BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] A simple perl script to call Backuppc_tarCreate

2012-08-20 07:28:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] A simple perl script to call Backuppc_tarCreate
From: Germano Paciocco <germano.paciocco AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:26:59 +0200
Hi everyone.
I was not satisfied on how BackupPC_archiveStart works, so I decided
to write a script that should help me with BackupPC_tarCreate and
cron, avoiding to edit crontab everytime I edit a host or a share to
backuppc configuration.
The script is attached.
I'm a Perl beginner, so I think it could have be done much better.
You're welcome for suggestions or to improving.

This is the help of the command line:

---
BackupPC_tarCreateAll [--dir|-d /path/to/archive/dir] (default:
/var/lib/backuppc/)
                      [--cfgdir|-c /path/to/config/dir] (default:
/etc/backuppc/)
                      [--hostfile|-f hosts_filename] (default: hosts)
                      [--help|-h (print this help)]
                      [--pretend|-p] (do nothing, only shows what would be done)

Archive files will be created as <share name>@<host name>.tar.gz under
archive directory
---

Regards.