BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC not starting at boot

2012-08-05 16:44:03
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not starting at boot
From: Norman Goldstein <normvcr AT telus DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:42:15 -0700
I am running
BackupPC.i686                        3.2.1-7.fc17

and BackupPC does not load at boot.  However, I can always get it
started manually with

systemctl start backuppc.service

I have issued the command

systemctl enable backuppc.service

so that backuppc should be starting at boot.
In the system log, I used to see the message

... Can't create a test hardlink between a file in /var/lib/BackupPC//pc
and /var/lib/BackupPC//cpool....

but I am not even seeing this any more.

My /var/lib/BackupPC is a soft-link to an external hard drive, which
supports hard links
(obviously, since I am able to start BackupPC, manually).

I did a test to have /var/lib/BackupPC as a plain directory, and then
BackupPC
started up properly at boot.  It seems that BackupPC has a problem with
the external drive, even though it worked fine under Fedora 15.  I moved the
mount line of the external drive in /etc/fstab to the top of /etc/fstab,
but that
did not help.