BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] SMB not copying all files

2012-07-30 15:32:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] SMB not copying all files
From: Matthew Postinger <matthew.postinger AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:31:23 -0400
I changed the share to the user's directory, and now backuppc errors out during app data. I'm sure the files are open..
Is there a way to ignore these errors and just keep backing up?

NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\data_0 (\users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\)
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\Google\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\Local\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\AppData\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username\*
NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION listing \users\username

Monday, July 30, 2012 2:48 PM

Well, apparently they aren't correct.

If you like to debug this, you should log into your linux-machine/-server,
become the backuppc-user and then run smbclient similar to what backuppc would
do (you can get the commandline from the logfiles).

Have fun,

Arnold
Live Security Virtual Conference
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:09 PM
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Matthew Postinger

The error log should show the reason for each file. Windows normally
locks files if anything else has them open.

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:37 PM
I've implemented backuppc, so far it copies some files, but not everything that is in the directory.

It happens on multiple machines. I've checked permissions. I'm using samba.

Any ideas?

I'm hoping the answer isn't use rsync.

Matt