BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncShareName question

2012-06-29 11:37:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RsyncShareName question
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:36:22 -0400
On 6/28/2012 4:28 PM, cbulist AT gmail DOT com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a simple couple directories backup and everything is working well.
> I set the directories to backup in RsyncShareName option (GUI).
> But when I tried to use the BackupFilesOnly option and set the
> RsyncShareName to: / , backkuppc does a full backup of the target, the
> idea is just to do a backup of the directories and files set in
> BackupFilesOnly option (The BackupFilesExclude is empty)
> I reviewed others e-mail explained RsyncShareName and BackupFilesonly in
> order to figure it out:
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/2003-10/msg00206.html
>
> What am I missing in my configuration?

You probably have the syntax wrong for BackupFilesOnly.  It should look
like this:

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  '/' => [
    '/directory1',
    '/directory2',
    '/directory3',
  ]
};

If you're looking at it in the GUI, the first column will have the share
name (or asterisk) followed by the Delete button.  To the right of that
will be the list of directories (preceded by the Insert and Delete buttons).

--
Bowie