BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd bash script not exiting

2012-05-03 10:04:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd bash script not exiting
From: "F.Trojahn" <news AT trojahn DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:45:54 +0200
Hi,

> Thanks it looks like it was winexe, for whatever reason if run directly
> from the shell it would work 100% but as soon as it was run from
> backuppc it wouldnt exit, I just backrounded winexe now and ran a
> cleanup in DumpPostCmd too kill the winexe process after the backup was
> complete and its now working.

for some time now I've been searching for a solution for this problem,
too.

We found that closing stdin like described here:
http://blog.apokalyptik.com/2007/10/24/bash-tip-closing-file-descriptors/
helps with winexe in DumpPreUserCmd or DumpPostUserCmd scripts.

Our winexe line now reads:

$WINEXE --interactive=0 -A /etc/backuppc/winpw "//$BOX" 'cmd /c
c:\netinst\backuppc\pre-exec.cmd' <&-

so the script can wait for execution of winexe without backgrounding it.

Best regards,
Falko