BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing backup now

2012-04-19 13:59:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing backup now
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:58:50 -0400
On 04/19 10:41 , Gary Roach wrote:
> I am still testing a new installation and would like to force Backuppc
> to run a backup now.

Have you looked at the per-host information page in the web interface?
There's a button there to do a full or incremental backup right now.

Or are you looking for a scriptable way to do it?
If so, add an entry to /etc/crontab like this (all on one line of course):
49 23 * * 6 backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup
host.example.tld host.example.tld backuppc 1

> I would also like to find a method for completely
> purging all backups. I've been through all of the documentation and
> found nothing applicable.

Go to /var/lib/backuppc/pc/.
therein you will find a bunch of individual host directories, which have
subdirectories for all the backups for that host. Doing a recursive delete
on all the numbered subdirectories for that host (the numbers correspond to
the backup number sequence) will delete the backups.

If you wish to delete the host itself and all backups, recursively delete
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/<host>, then edit /etc/backuppc/hosts and
comment out the host in question.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator