BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude folders

2012-04-19 12:48:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] exclude folders
From: Shang-Lin Chen <schen AT gps.caltech DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:47:14 -0700
On 04/18/2012 07:10 PM, lordsporkton wrote:
> under BackupFilesExclude i added a new key with "/proc"
In my configuration I have a an array of directories listed under
BackupFilesExclude. /proc is one of the elements. In my rsync command, I
also have the --one-file-system flag. I think the --one-file-system flag
by itself is enough to exclude /proc, which is a virtual filesystem of
its own.

Shang-Lin

> On 4/18/2012 7:04 PM, Shang-Lin Chen wrote:
>> What's the syntax you're using?
>>
>> Shang-Lin
>>
>> On 04/18/2012 06:53 PM, lordsporkton wrote:
>>> I am trying to exclude /proc and /sys as a system wide default for my
>>> backuppc server
>>>
>>> I have added it to the global config in backuppc and you can see it in
>>> each host config as well yet i still get lots of errors about it backing
>>> up the /proc folder
>>> I am using rsync
>>>
>>> Any thoughts or suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Lawrence

Shang-Lin Chen
Southern California Earthquake Data Center (SCEDC)
System administrator/Programmer
http://www.data.scec.org