BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed (can't find Compress::Zlib)

2012-02-03 13:29:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed (can't find Compress::Zlib)
From: Estanislao López Morgan <estanux AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:27:34 -0300
Thanks for answer. I tried what you told me but installing perl-Scalar-List-Utils (using yum) have conflicts with some files of the perl-4:5.10.1-119.el6_1.1.i686. In particular with
         file /usr/share/man/man3/List::Util.3pm.gz
         file /usr/share/man/man3/List::Util::XS.3pm.gz
         file /usr/share/man/man3/Scalar::Util.3pm.gz
I deleted them manualy because if you remove perl package (the whole one) backuppc web server, doesn't work. But that did not fix my problem.

Maybe you are wondering why don't use CPAN, well I was not able to make it work correctly. When I run cpan install Scalar::Util, It does not make the "make" part during the compilation.

I am thinking in changing CentOS version (I am using 6.2 currently). Do you know some CentOS distro with this bug repaired?

Regards

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Estanislao López Morgan
<estanux AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hi backupers!
>
> I have migrated my backuppc from Ubuntu to CentOS but after the installation
> when I tried to do the first backup, the backup failed  with this message
> "backup failed (can't find Compress::Zlib)". I have already installed the
> last perl-Compress-Zlib, so I dont know wich is the problem. Any clue?

I've seen this before, but not on a current CentOS install.  Is this
something old or with a mix of CPAN and rpm perl modules?  I think it
really has to do with Scalar::Util, so forcing a reinstall of that
might fix it.