BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] The infamous "backuppc_link got error -4"

2012-01-06 11:54:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] The infamous "backuppc_link got error -4"
From: Steve <leperas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:52:55 -0500
If you haven't stumbled on it yet, read this:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Change_archive_directory

Particularly if you have a version prior to 3.2, look in the section
"Changing the name of the archive directory".

A.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Jim Durand <jdurand AT hrsg DOT ca> wrote:
> Hey guys! Doing my best to get up to speed with Backuppc, pretty impressive
> so far. Logs are filled with “backuppc_link got error -4” errors, and from
> the research I have done it seems that because my TopDir (/mnt/sdb1) and the
> cpool location (/home/users/backuppc/data/cpool) are on different
> filesystems, hard links will obviously fail. Is the answer to soft link “ln
> –s /mnt/sdb1 /home/users/backuppc/topdir” and change TopDir in config.pl to
> the “/home/users/backuppc/topdir”? It can’t be that easy, right?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Jim

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of
cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no
good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered
by the ones who made the irrational decision." - Randall Munroe